Huwebes, Pebrero 2, 2012

Day 15 - The Incredible Career of Grandma Moses

My demonstration teaching was a family effort. My husband and my sister helped me with my visual aids.

I came to school prepared, if not excited to hold class with III-Humility. My excitement was a bit hampered by an event in the campus and made me think that maybe, the demo would not push through. Thankfully, it did.

I presented the story of Anna Mary Robertson Moses, her indeed, incredible painting career which started when she was 78 years old, with no formal education and training. The story was very inspiring and I hope that the learners appreciated it.

As a review, I asked them what biography is. Sadly, no one remembered. I had to explain it and also share its difference with an autobiography.

For motivation, we put together a puzzle of Grandma Moses' picture. Each piece has a Grandma Moses quote that the learners had to paraphrase and share any related experience or thought about it.

Then, we unlocked difficult words through unscrambling given letters and the provided definition.

We discussed the summary of Grandma Moses' biography.

I asked them about the moral of the biography and we made our formula for success:
Success = hard work+determination+faith+perseverance

























Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento